The People’s Network is a partnership between Healthwatch Dudley, Dudley Council, local people and partners in adult social care.
Every two months people who access care and support services come together with people who provide local services to:
- Network in a positive way with people who have similar interests in social care
- Have discussions and share knowledge about local services
- Inform policies and influence what local services look like
- Have real opportunities to feed back to decision makers
- Test the accuracy and readability of public documents before they go live
- Bring and share powerful stories, journeys and experiences
People who attend decide what should happen at each event, previous People’s Network events have focussed on:
Information and Technology – how technology is helping people to access local services through websites such as Dudley Community Information Directory and practical support through Dudley Council’s Telecare service. People who attended also got to the the new Living Well Feeling Safe online tool Living Well Feeling Safe Online
Support for Carers – people who care for a friend or family member or support someone who does. The conversations that took place were shared with the Carers Alliance and will help to shape the the future of support for carers in Dudley borough through a new carers strategy.
Do you want to join the People’s Network?
Everyone is welcome but if you are attending from a local organisation, we would like to encourage you to attend with someone who you support.