Would you like to join the Healthwatch Dudley team as an Enter and View volunteer?
Why not join us for one of our training sessions on Wednesday 19th February 10am – 3pm or Thursday 27th March 2014 10am – 3pm?
Healthwatch Dudley is looking for people with a friendly approach to join us for visits who:
- Have a strong interest in improving health or social care services in Dudley borough.
- Can show empathy, with good communication and active listening skills.
- Have an ability to gather evidence-based information that is not loaded with personal opinion.
- Understand the importance of not discriminating and being non-judgmental.
What is Enter and View?
Healthwatch Dudley has the power to access public / communal areas in any publicly funded health or social setting. This could include:
- Residential care or nursing homes
- Disability day centres
- Doctor and dentist waiting rooms
- Hospital accident and emergency departments
Enter and View gives us the opportunity to listen to views of the public, patients, carers and relatives who access local health and social care services.
The information we gather could range from finding out about what care home residents think about meals and activities, to listening to patients experiences of hospital wards. The factual information gathered will be shared with key decision makers to improve local services for everyone.
Our training will cover:
- An introduction to Healthwatch and Enter and View
- The role, qualities and values of an authorised Enter and View representative
- What is excellence in health and social care?
- An introduction to safeguarding and dignity in care
- Important skills for other Healthwatch Dudley volunteer roles
- Available options for follow on e-learning
You can expect on the day:
- A warm welcome
- The chance to meet other Healthwatch Dudley volunteers
- A comfortable, accessible venue
- Lunch and refreshments throughout the day
- A chance to ask questions and to find out if this is the right role for you
Your trainers for the day will be:
- Sarah Roper – Dudley MBC Safeguarding Team
- Rob Dalziel – Healthwatch Dudley
- Melissa Guest – Healthwatch Dudley
How do I book?
If you would like to attend but are not an existing Healthwatch Dudley Volunteer, you will be asked to complete an application process before being considered. For an informal chat about the training, please contact Rob or Melissa on the above number.
As Enter and View volunteers will potentially be in contact with vulnerable people we are to undertake a disclosure and barring (DBS) check for the role which replaced the CRB – criminal records bureau check.
Reasonable travel and out of pocket expenses will be provided on request.