An innovative new partnership of information access points located across Dudley borough.
Where: Brierley Hill Civic Hall, Bank Street, Brierley Hill, DY5 3DH
When: Friday 26th September 10am – 12.30pm
A warm welcome and light refreshments will be provided. Please register your place at: http://community-info-point-launch.eventbrite.co.uk
Have you or someone you know, recently been discharged from hospital within Dudley borough?
As your local consumer champion for health and social care, we want to hear about a wide range of experiences and are particularly keen to include views from older people, homeless people and people with mental ill health, as evidence shows these people are most at risk from unsafe discharge from care settings.
You can have your say by completing our short survey online:
Alternatively, to complete our survey over the telephone, or to talk to someone in confidence about any health or social care related experience, please contact us on 03000 111 001 or email email@example.com
Why not join us for one of our training sessions on Wednesday 19th February 10am – 3pm or Thursday 27th March 2014 10am – 3pm?
Healthwatch Dudley is looking for people with a friendly approach to join us for visits who:
- Have a strong interest in improving health or social care services in Dudley borough.
- Can show empathy, with good communication and active listening skills.
- Have an ability to gather evidence-based information that is not loaded with personal opinion.
- Understand the importance of not discriminating and being non-judgmental.
- Residential care or nursing homes
- Disability day centres
- Doctor and dentist waiting rooms
- Hospital accident and emergency departments
Enter and View gives us the opportunity to listen to views of the public, patients, carers and relatives who access local health and social care services.
The information we gather could range from finding out about what care home residents think about meals and activities, to listening to patients experiences of hospital wards. The factual information gathered will be shared with key decision makers to improve local services for everyone.
- An introduction to Healthwatch and Enter and View
- The role, qualities and values of an authorised Enter and View representative
- What is excellence in health and social care?
- An introduction to safeguarding and dignity in care
- Important skills for other Healthwatch Dudley volunteer roles
- Available options for follow on e-learning
- A warm welcome
- The chance to meet other Healthwatch Dudley volunteers
- A comfortable, accessible venue
- Lunch and refreshments throughout the day
- A chance to ask questions and to find out if this is the right role for you
- Sarah Roper – Dudley MBC Safeguarding Team
- Rob Dalziel – Healthwatch Dudley
- Melissa Guest – Healthwatch Dudley