Let’s talk about dementia…
The vision for Dudley borough is for it to be a place where people with dementia and those who care about them can receive the right services, in the right place, for the right need and in a timely, responsive and non-discriminatory way.
At our November People’s Network we would like to talk about dementia, the support that people in Dudley can access and what this should look like, as the needs of our society change and grow.
Come and join us to talk and find out about:
- Local services that support people with dementia and the people who care about them
- How local people are living with dementia related conditions
- The Dudley Dementia Pathway, what it is and future plans
- Dementia Friends, the important work they do and how to sign up
- Dudley Dementia Action Alliance and how you can get involved
- Working together to make Dudley a Dementia Friendly Community
Refreshments will be provided so don’t forget to book if you would like to join us.
We would also love to hear from you if you if you would like to play an even more active part in this event. Whether you want to raise awareness of your work, share your experience or promote your group in our dementia marketplace please get in touch!
Book your place here
Please note this event has been moved to the Station Hotel in Dudley.
The People’s Network is a place to:
- Network in a positive way with people who have similar interests in social care
- Have discussions and share knowledge about local services
- Inform policies and influence what local services look like
- Have real opportunities to feed back to decision makers
- Test the accuracy and readability of public documents before they go live
- Bring and share powerful stories, journeys and experiences
Who can join?
Whether you access or provide a service or care for someone who does, everyone is welcome and we can make a difference!
Everyone is welcome but if you are attending from a local organisation, we would like to encourage you to bring along someone who you support.
The People’s Network is led by Healthwatch Dudley in partnership with Dudley Council, local people and partners in adult social care.