It’s Carers Week and we’ll be out and about listening to people’s experiences of being a carer in Dudley borough. We’ve teamed up with Dudley’s Carers’ Co-ordinator Sharon McGlynn, RVS, Dudley Carers’ Forum, Dudley Carers’ Network and other local organisations to raise awareness of hidden carers, through activities at Russells Hall Hospital this week. If you see us please come and say hello!
Why not join us for one of our training sessions on Wednesday 19th February 10am – 3pm or Thursday 27th March 2014 10am – 3pm?
Healthwatch Dudley is looking for people with a friendly approach to join us for visits who:
- Have a strong interest in improving health or social care services in Dudley borough.
- Can show empathy, with good communication and active listening skills.
- Have an ability to gather evidence-based information that is not loaded with personal opinion.
- Understand the importance of not discriminating and being non-judgmental.
- Residential care or nursing homes
- Disability day centres
- Doctor and dentist waiting rooms
- Hospital accident and emergency departments
Enter and View gives us the opportunity to listen to views of the public, patients, carers and relatives who access local health and social care services.
The information we gather could range from finding out about what care home residents think about meals and activities, to listening to patients experiences of hospital wards. The factual information gathered will be shared with key decision makers to improve local services for everyone.
- An introduction to Healthwatch and Enter and View
- The role, qualities and values of an authorised Enter and View representative
- What is excellence in health and social care?
- An introduction to safeguarding and dignity in care
- Important skills for other Healthwatch Dudley volunteer roles
- Available options for follow on e-learning
- A warm welcome
- The chance to meet other Healthwatch Dudley volunteers
- A comfortable, accessible venue
- Lunch and refreshments throughout the day
- A chance to ask questions and to find out if this is the right role for you
- Sarah Roper – Dudley MBC Safeguarding Team
- Rob Dalziel – Healthwatch Dudley
- Melissa Guest – Healthwatch Dudley